NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND REPRESENT THAT YOU SATISFY ALL OF THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ALL U.S. FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD AND SPONSOR. The ONKYO EMAIL SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) begins on August 7, 2023, at 12:00 a.m. EDT and ends on October 31, 2023 at 11:59:59 p.m. EDT (known as the “Sweepstakes Period”). One winner will be selected during the Sweepstakes Period and will receive the prizes described below. Odds of winning are expressed in Section 6 of these Official Rules. Onkyo, located at 3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268 (“Onkyo”), is the sole sponsor of the Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY. The Sweepstakes is limited to natural persons who are legal residents of the District of Columbia or the 48 contiguous states of the United States but excluding Rhode Island, New York, and Florida (collectively, the “Eligibility Territory”), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in the entrant’s state of residence at the time of entry, if higher) (each an “Entrant”). Employees of Onkyo and its affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the directors, officers, employees and agents (“Promotion Entities”) or their immediate families and/or household residents, are not eligible to enter. By participating, Entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Onkyo, which are final and binding in all respects. The Sweepstakes is void outside of the Eligibility Territory and where prohibited. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. Incomplete entries are void. By entering, Entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. All entries become the property of Onkyo and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
A. ONLINE: To enter online, sign-up to receive Onkyo’s newsletter through the online pop-up or visit https://onkyousa.com/newslette... during the Sweepstakes Period. Onkyo is not responsible for any registration errors, for problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by Onkyo on account of late or misdirected mail, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in this promotion. Onkyo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, or modify the Sweepstakes, or shorten the Sweepstakes Period, should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of Onkyo corrupt the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes or otherwise compromise, in Onkyo’s sole judgment, the integrity or fairness of the Sweepstakes. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, Onkyo reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution and disqualification of any individual who tampers with the entry process or the administration of the Sweepstakes.
B. ALTERNATIVE MEANS OF ENTRY: To enter by mail, send your name, address, city, state, zip code, area code, phone number, age, and e-mail address to: ONKYO EMAIL SWEEPSTAKES, Klipsch Group, Inc., 3502 Woodview Trace, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46268. No photocopied entries will be accepted. Mailed entries must be received before the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
4. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY. Incomplete, illegible, indecipherable, or incorrect entries are not eligible to win. Entries that contain false information or that violate the laws of the Entrant’s country or state of residence are not eligible to win. Entrants may only enter once during the Sweepstakes Period.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER. Onkyo will select one winner at random on or about November 7, 2023, in Indianapolis, Indiana from eligible entries received. Entrants are limited to one win during the Sweepstakes. The winner will be notified by e-mail within 7 business days of the selection of the winner. The winner will be required to provide proof of eligibility, and required to complete and return a winner’s affidavit (which may contain, among other provisions, a release of liability and a publicity release) and an IRS W-9 form (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Documents”). If a winner does not respond to claim his or her prize within 2 business days of Onkyo’s dispatch of this notification to claim his or her prize, if the winner does not meet the eligibility criteria, or if the winner refuses to sign and return the signed, unaltered, Sweepstakes Documents to Onkyo within 2 business days from Onkyo’s dispatch of such documents to winner, that winner will be disqualified and a new winner will be chosen. If, in Onkyo’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been compromised in any way, Onkyo reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Sweepstakes and to award the prizes using all eligible entries received as of the termination date, or to modify the Sweepstakes in a way to avoid the issue. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted at www.Klipsch.com.
6. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING. One winner will be randomly selected during the Sweepstakes Period. The winner will receive The TX-RZ50 9.2 Channel AV Receiver with a verified retail value (“VRV”) of $1,599. The total VRV of all prizes awarded during the Sweepstakes Period is $1,599. Dollar amounts are expressed in U.S. currency. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed, except in the event that the prize is unavailable. If the prize is unavailable, Onkyo may choose one of the following options: (A) a prize to be determined by Onkyo of equal or greater VRV; (B) the VRV of the prize in cash or by a valid check; or (C) a voucher, certificate, or other evidence of obligation stating that the prize will be shipped to the winner within thirty (30) days at no cost to the winner. Tax reporting and payments, if any required by law, on prizes are the winner's sole responsibility. All prizes will be awarded according to these rules and distributed no later than six (6) months from the end of the Sweepstakes Period.
7. LICENSE AND RELEASE.
A. Except where prohibited, the following applies to all Entrants: By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant grants to Onkyo an unrestricted, non-exclusive, royalty-free, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable and fully sublicensable right and license, in Onkyo’s sole and absolute discretion, to use, modify, adapt, translate, display, distribute, reproduce, publish and create derivative works of Entrant’s entry form and statements made in conjunction therewith (the “Entry”), the name and likeness submitted as part of the Entry, persona, appearance, picture, silhouette, recording or other reproduction of physical likeness, voice and/or sounds made by Entrant (collectively, the “Image”), in whole or in part, on its website, in conjunction with advertising or promoting its products, and otherwise in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any purpose whatsoever and to combine my Image with other images, text, graphics, photographs and artwork in connection with advertising, publicity, promotion, marketing and merchandising of any product or service of Onkyo, their affiliates and partners. Entrant voluntarily relinquishes any right that it may have to examine or approve the use of Entry or Image or any products or promotional materials that may be used in conjunction therewith. Entrant releases all rights to the Entry, including, without limitation, moral rights and rights of publicity, and acknowledges and agrees that all rights to the Entry belong to Onkyo irrevocably, free and clear of any obligation to Entrant, and that neither Onkyo nor any other Promotional Entity will be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such uses. Entrant represents that it is free to grant the above rights to Onkyo, that such grant does not infringe any other person or entity’s rights, and agrees to accept sole and full monetary responsibility to Onkyo and the other Promotion Entities for any amount, whether in damages or costs (including defense costs) that Onkyo or any other Promotion Entity incurs in any third-party claim alleging a violation of this representation. Entrant agrees that Onkyo has no obligation to utilize the Image and Entrant agrees that Entrant waives any claim against Onkyo or all other Promotion Entities for not using the Image, or for using the Image in a manner in which Entrant disapproves.
B. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED, BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS ONKYO, AND ITS AFFILIATE COMPANIES AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS OF EACH (INDIVIDUALLY AND COLLECTIVELY FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS PARAGRAPH) FROM AND AGAINST ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED IN ANY WAY TO THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING KLIPSCH’S RELIANCE UPON THE ENTRANT’S COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES, OR THE PRIZE, INCLUDING WITH RESPECT TO POSSESSION, USE AND/OR MISUSE THEREOF, AND THE ENTRANT’S AGREEMENT THAT KLIPSCH MAY USE THE ENTRY AND IMAGE IN ADVERTISING AND FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES ON ANY AND ALL MEDIA WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COMPENSATION.
8. DISPUTES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Entrants hereby waive all rights and remedies at law or in equity for any and all claims they may have relating to the Sweepstakes. Onkyo assumes no responsibility for lost, late, stolen, damaged, misdirected, illegible, incomplete or postage-due entries. Entrant agrees that: (A) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court in Marion County, Indiana, USA; (B) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR (AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM) PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Onkyo in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Indiana, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Indiana or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Indiana.
10. GENERAL INFORMATION. Direct any questions related to this Sweepstakes to firstname.lastname@example.org during the Sweepstakes Period.
11. WINNER INFORMATION. For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped legal size envelope for our receipt no later than six (6) months after the Sweepstakes Period expires, to: KLIPSCH EMAIL SWEEPSTAKES, Klipsch Group, Inc., 3502 Woodview Trace, Indianapolis, IN 46268. The winner may be posted on www.onkyousa.com for thirty (30) days after the date of winner selection.
12. SPONSOR. Onkyo, 3502 Woodview Trace, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46268.
© 2023 Onkyo. All rights reserved. Entrants are authorized to reproduce these Official Rules for Entrant’s personal use only.